Reducing the spread of COVID-19 remains our sole focus in keeping our staff, patients and the community safe.
We are open and ready to treat your eye health issues. Our rooms are open with Department of Health recommendations being strictly implemented. However, with everyone’s safety in mind we have implemented the following measures in response to the current COVID-19 pandemic.
- Patients are asked to contact us if experiencing flu like symptoms so that appointments can be rescheduled.
- All patients will be required to undergo temperature check and questioning prior to entering the facility. Those who have recently travelled overseas or interstate, have flu like symptoms or a fever will be asked to return home.
- We have reduced clinic numbers significantly to minimise patients in the waiting room. Patients may be kindly asked to contact us on arrival and encouraged to wait in their car to be phoned when the doctor is ready for review. We are maintaining strict cleaning protocols after each patient. Please be patient as this means longer waiting times between patients.
- Elective surgery has re-commenced
- If required, we are offering teleconference/phone calls/faxing of scripts to any patients who feel this is all that is required at this stage.
Dr James Slattery and the team at Western Eyecare.